Welcome to the Drawing Room

Hello! I assume you are here desiring an audience with Lord Heartless? He is out at the moment but I anticipate his return at any time. Until then, find a comfortable chair, settle in, and enjoy a spot of tea. Browse through the available reading material, learn what you can of the heartless duke, and decide if you really want to meet him. Please leave your calling card in the form of a comment.

It was lovely to see you! Please stop by again.

***Please BEWARE*** If you have yet to read Heartless, certain aspects of the story may be inadvertently spoiled for you here. Please take care while exploring.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Adventures in KDP Select (Part 1)

I promised a good friend that I would share my KDP Select experience, and though I still don't care for Amazon's exclusivity agreement, I will say that [so far] it's been a great way to promote a new book—or the re-release of an old one. 

I'm not sure how much credit I can actually give Amazon. The initial sales, I believe, can be mostly attributed to my loyal fan base anxious to get their hands on another of my books. (I LOVE YOU, FANS!!) Perhaps the book does rank higher on Amazon searches because of the "Select" thing. Who knows. 

The really interesting thing is what's been happening since I started promoting the fact that I have a couple free days coming up. I whipped up this ad... 


...and Saturday (11/24) I shared it on my FB author page, asking people to share and help spread the word. Since that day I've had 79 shares and 12 new followers to my page. I was not expecting that much activity and am beyond pleased with the result. The other thing I expected was a pause in sales as people wait for the book to become free. Sales have slowed down but they haven't stopped.

All in all, this has been a very interesting experiment. I will be sure to share the results of my first two free days, which as the ad says, is Nov 28-29. Be sure to CLICK HERE and grab your FREE copy then!

No comments: